triggers

Nov 25, 2020

Hello - This is my first SL and I am learning.

Question 1: When I preview my entire project, if I want to make a correction and click edit slide, am I able to go back to preview the entire project without having to click preview and wait?

There are many aspects that I will "clean up", but I want it to flow correctly. Each title below is a link a short video showing the issue.

Issue 1

Email Phishing Practice Trigger and Email Phishing - SL View

It is set up, so that when the learner clicks on a senders picture, the learner answers the questions and that works correctly. But if the user wanted to, they could just click "back" each time and bypass the questions. I want them to click on any picture, in any order and then when they have clicked on every pic, the "next" button appears to be able to move on.

Issue 2

Final Quiz and Final Quiz SL View

Ultimately, I want the quiz to perform the same quiz, but without using the player navigation buttons.

Thanks for all the help in advance. 

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Dina,

Thanks for the very thorough explanation. I'd be happy to dive in and help you here.

Question 1: Am I able to go back to preview the entire project without having to click preview and wait after Editing a Slide?

No. Clicking to Edit the Slide is closing the preview and there is no way to 'continue'.

What you can do once you get back into that preview, is select the slide you wish to continue on:

Issue 1: I want them to click on any picture, in any order and then when they have clicked on every pic and not bypass the questions.

You can set this up by adding variables to your course. Currently, the Next button is becoming active when each of the pictures has been visited, which happens immediately upon clicking. By adding variables, you can set this to adjust after the question has been answered for each image and adjust the trigger to change the Next button to 'Normal' these variables have adjusted.

Small sample file attached to demonstrate the idea and get you started.

Issue 2: I want the quiz to perform the same quiz, but without using the player navigation buttons.

I'm not completely sure that I'm understanding this question. It sounds like you'd like to not use the built-in player navigation for the quiz. If so, you can remove the built-in options and add in your own navigation buttons. Please let me know if I've misunderstood.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.