Triggers and layers

Jul 13, 2013

I'm having trouble with layers and triggers.  I created a button slide, but when I try to use the trigger tutorial, my view is not the same as the tutorial.  The list of buttons on the bottom right does not show up and the "assign to" does not have a list of my buttons.

5 Replies
Christine Burkette

Problem setting triggers links to the existing next button or previous button:

Tutorials viewed:

I watched layers and trigger tutorial and that still did not answer my question or clearly define what needs to be checked or clicked to get the expected outcome. A working trigger assigned to a next or previous button.

My Question:

I am having a problem linking my triggers to the next button (existing next button when you publish/preview the frame). 

1. I linked the layers (set triggers) using a button i created in the original frame.  

2.  But when I am try to link (set trigger)  the option to move forward or backwards  using the previous button or  next button the following occurs:

a. trigger once established does not appear in the panel.

b. trigger is not active

My steps to create a trigger assigned to the next button in the frame

1.  Click on slide layer

2.  Click on paper icon to create a trigger

3. Action: Show layer

4.  Layer: Keyword Search

5.  When: user clicks

6. Next Button

7. Click OK

Nothing appears in the right panel under triggers.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christine and welcome to Heroes!

If you're setting up triggers and they're not appearing in your trigger panel at all, I'd suggest beginning with a repair of Storyline. 

If you're still having difficulty after the repair, are you able to share your .story file here with us? If you'd prefer to share it privately you can send it to us here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.