Triggers not behaving as expected

Aug 03, 2017

I have a course with 4 sections, which are accessed through specific doors. I have a trigger set to move to a Thank You page after the 4 doors have been visited. However, the Thank You page comes up after 3 doors are visited. The states are configured for Normal and Visited for each door.

This is actually happening on 2 different slides within the course (3 of 4 are triggering the event rather than 4/4).

I've tested all 3 "visiting" slide properties, and none gives the desired results.

6 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Janis

the Visited state is triggered as soon as the user clicks the object so that could be why it is displaying straight away.

Depending on how your file is setup - door goes to a layer or door goes to a different slide, doors must be clicked in order, you may be able to use variables or other triggers to achieve what you want,

Can you share the .story file and give a little more information.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Janis! You almost had it--just one small tweak is needed!

Take a look at your "Jump to slide 1.4" trigger on the menu slide. To prevent the learner from navigating to the "Thank You" slide too early, try using conditions like I did in this trigger below:

I'm sending your updated file privately via your case. Give it a try, and let me know if that's what you had in mind! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.