Triggers Not Working

Nov 09, 2018

This course plays properly in S3 Preview mode, but the triggers to change the state of the Quiz circle to "Clicked" (I created clicked as opposed to using "Visited") and reveal the Survey circle fail when I upload the file to my LMS.  Can anyone help me out?

The intended sequence of the course:  The viewer must both view the Video and pass the Quiz, first, before the survey option is revealed.  Once the survey is complete, the viewer receives a prompt/button/trigger to exit the course.

I've modified this at least 50 times to try and get it to work in my LMS, but to no avail.... I probably have a couple extra/unnecessary triggers in there.

PS - This course plays properly from my LMS in Chrome.  It's viewing the course from Internet Explorer on my LMS that the above problem occurs.

2 Replies
Reynaldo Galang

Hi Beth...opening an Articulate Storyline course from your local drive, you may encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash player, etc..that can cause various features of your content to fail. To properly test your content, if you were to Publish for Web, you'll want to upload the published to a web environment to properly test it.

I suggest to upload it using Tempshare to test it in a web environment. Kindly see link on how to use Tempshare: http://blogs.articulate.com/word-of-mouth/get-your-storyline-projects-online-with-tempshare/#comments

Keep in mind that Tempshare is for testing purposes only. The uploaded content is deleted 10 days after it's posted. If you’re looking for a long-term solution, share your specific needs on E-Learning Heroes to get suggestions from our super engaged community.

If tempshare failed to publish your project, you can try ScormCloud.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Beth,

Sorry, we missed your post before - but was taking a look at your file today and noted that your Survey image was set to hidden and the trigger to change it was set based on when the variable changes. So that could be why it's not popping up as the variable seems to be changing prior to or not on that slide. Is that the part you're having trouble with or was it the exit button solely?

Let me know, and I can dig into your file a bit further to make some changes. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.