Triggers not working properly

Jun 22, 2020

I have added a selected and visited and hover state to a circle. The hover works fine but the selected and visited don't work.

I have added in a trigger to change the state of the circle to visited (have a tick on it) when clicked  - doesn't work.

I added a new state called done and added a trigger to change to done when clicked- doesn't work.

I removed the hover trigger and no change

I removed all the triggers and added the tick to the hover state and works fine. So it seems the hover is the only inbuilt trigger working correctly.

I have made sure the trigger is at the top of the order so it changes the state and then opens the lightbox slide

What am I missing  - i have changed the settings to automatically decide and resume saved state and no change.

Thanks for any help - this is something I use a lot and seem to have had difficultly with the last few project and states.

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Charlotte,

FYI: You don't need a trigger to control the built-in states. A Hover state will automatically appear on hovering. A Visited state will automatically appear after the object is clicked. (Well, unless there's a Selected state to use, instead.)

Not sure how you resolved your issue. I can see that you had triggers to change a state to Visited when the user hovers. That would definitely conflict with the built-in programming to change the state to Hover when the user hovers.

Anyway, there's no reason to spend your time creating triggers that aren't needed. As long as you use built-in states, the basic change-state part of the programming will also be built in. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.