Trouble publishing Storyline 360 file to be accessible in all browsers

May 26, 2018

I've been trying, without luck, to publish a Storyline 360 course so that, once loaded in the LMS, the course opens in Edge, Chrome, and IE. It either opens in IE or it opens in Chrome and Edge, not all three. We have customers who use all three, and so we really need a file that will open in all three!

15 Replies
Lauren Parker

Our users may be accessing the course in any of the three browsers. We want the course to open regardless of whether the learner is clicking the link in a Chrome, IE, or Edge browser. We can get it to open in Chrome and Edge, but not IE, or we can get it to open in IE, but not Chrome or Edge. We really need learners to be able to access the course regardless of what browser they are using. The learner doesn't get an error message when the course fails to load in a given browser: they just see a blank screen.

Lauren Parker

I'm doing a single published output, and I've tried all the different outputs for publishing (HTML5, HTML5 with Flash backup, Flash with HTML5 backup, Flash, etc). I'll test one output, HTML5 for example, and it will not open in all browsers. I can't find a publish option that will allow the file to open when attempted in all three browsers.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Annette,

I don't see where we heard back from Lauren, but if you can share more details about what you're running into I'd love to help. Can you let us know:

• What version/update of Storyline you're using?
  • What browser(s) and version are you viewing the course in?
  • How did you publish (LMS, web, etc.) and where did you open the published output from?
  • Lastly, do you see any error messages in your browser or Storyline?
Ed Rand

Hi Ren, 

Many thanks for your reply and the offer of assistance , the problem has been worked out .

I removed the hover states on the buttons (I was using this state to prompt the user to advance with a tool-tip) replacing the tool tip instruction on the normal state and switch instead from disabled to normal button states helped . Also publishing in the modern player seemed to help. thanks again.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.