Trouble Saving Project

May 07, 2020

Each time I click Save for my project, I get a dialog box which says, “Project was not saved properly. To keep your changes, you’ll need to save the project with a new name or a different location.”

How can a rectify this so that I don’t end up with a new copy each time I save my work?

If it’s relevant, I am using a Mac partitioned with Parallels running Windows 10.

3 Replies
Susi B

Hi Joy,

do you work and save locally or on a network? Articulate always recommends working locally (for excample on the C drive). I experienced issues like that only when my file was on a network. Your file can get currupt this way and in the worst case not be opened again.

You might want to take a look into these articles for tips:

Storyline 360: Tips for Managing Project Files

Follow These Tips to Reduce Your Risk of Corrupting or Losing Project Files

If you still have problems, you might want to contact the support team so they can look into your file.

Susi

Vincent Scoma

Hi Joy,

I am glad to hear that the issue hasn't been reoccurring for you! 

I did want to share that when working on a Mac with Parallels, it is best to disable the shared profile. That way, all the default Windows folders reside in the Windows environment, not the native Mac environment. We have a great resource on using Storyline with Parallels that I hope will help here: 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.