Try mode text entry

Oct 29, 2019

Hi,

I have created the try mode steps for screen recording, and have few questions:

1. My pilot learners state that it is too slow after they take the action required. How can we speed the response?

2. Is there a way to limit the amount of tries as now there seems to be no limit in try  mode?

3. In the text fields, I have made the learner to click in the field to type the text and click <enter> but in real system we do not need to click <enter> how can I replicate the real environment?

I would appreciate your answers.

1 Reply
Ren Gomez

Hi Sevilay,

Happy to help answer your questions! Though I may need to ask some clarifying questions.

Can you tell me more about the slow response your learners are experiencing? You may need to check your timeline for when the actions are taking place. This user guide provides a little more detail on Try mode.

You're correct! There are no limits as it is not a question slide. This discussion may help point you in the right direction to implement some limits using variables.

In Storyline, text entry references are set once the "control loses focus." That is typically done by the user pressing enter or clicking outside the text entry field so that it recognizes that the typing has been completed. 

To get a better idea of your first question, if you're able to share your file publicly here, feel free to do so by clicking Add Attachment, otherwise you can share it with our support engineers privately, and they can help you troubleshoot your file.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.