Unable to print results

Jan 17, 2020

I have recently put together a simple "quiz". It was published in "CD Format".

At the end of the quiz, when the user clicks Print Results on the Results page, they enter their Name and then the browser is launched. 

Unfortunately, the Story_Launcher application is calling upon Internet Explorer, which blocks ActiveX controls; even though my default browser is set to Google Chrome. After clicking "Allow Blocked Content" for the ActiveX control, the page no longer loads with the results. 

This occurs on multiple computers - it's not tied to one computer. 

Is it possible to specify which browser should be used to open the results page? 

When the same quiz/course is published to "Web" or "LMS", the results page is displayed correctly (in Google Chrome). 

In addition to this, any courses we publish in "CD" format, all always have slow response and animation 'jitter'.  See https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/poor-performance-publishing-for-cd

Any suggestions? 

6 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Tom!

After consulting with our team, the Launch_Story.exe file indeed relies on Internet Explorer 11 to launch the content.

While I have seen folks point learners to the story.html file so that they can launch it in another browser, we recommend using the .exe file together with the latest version of Internet Explorer installed.

If there's anything else I can answer, I'll be here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.