Unable to Publish from Storyline 360 to Articulate Review

Sep 17, 2018

I was able to publish just fine yesterday. Now this morning I get an error message ever time I publish to LMS, or  to Articulate Review.  There are no updates needed and I restarted my computer.

Storyline 360 Errory

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Joanna,

I tested on my own Storyline courses this AM, and I successfully published to Review and LMS. 

Thanks for checking that you're already on the latest update (Build 3.19.16600.0), and since it sounds like this only started recently I'd also look at repairing Storyline and confirming that nothing changed on your side in connection with the network endpoints and ports listed here that need be enabled for access to Review. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Joanna,

Yup, if it's working in Storyline 3, you're probably right that it's not the file. Have you tried publishing any random .story file to confirm that those are working normally? Even one slide with a shape added.

If that still doesn't work, I'll want to have you connect with our Support Team to dig deeper into your setup.

If that file does work, we'd still want to take a look at the file and determine what's causing the error. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.