unclear images in storyline 360

May 15, 2019

Is anyone else experiencing unclear images/video when you copy and paste into storyline 360? Even when I change the slide size to my image or video size the text looks fuzzy. I have tried multiple applications; peek 360, SnagIt, Snipping tool, copy/paste and saving/uploading the image/video as well. Is there something I need to uncheck to not compress the images? I tried this with video and it is still fuzzy. 

Thank you! 

-Naomi 

3 Replies
Lawrence Kenji Cautivo

Hi Naomi,

I would suggest checking out the following articles for maintaining high-quality images and videos during import and course publishing.

Storyline 360: Best Practices for High-Quality Images and Videos

Storyline 360: How to Adjust Video Compression

Please feel free to let the community know if you have other queries on this.

Kenji

Naomi Masoner-Gould

Hi Kenji, 

I checked out these articles and tried using Photoshop to create the appropriate type of images but when I go to upload them it looks like articulate is not compatible with them( even though I think it should be?). I am especially having this issue of unclear images when I use the scrolling panel. An image will be clear and then when I add it into the panel it gets blurred and when I preview it it is still blurred. This is creating a huge issue with one of my trainings I am creating and I have so far just had to recreate anything I want in the scroll panel from scratch. 

Any ideas ? I have checked compression and everything looked okay. I do have a ton of glitches with my software though in general that I have noticed. I tried updating and it is still giving me issues and is very slow. 

Thank you! 

-Naomi 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Naomi,

What file types were you creating in Photoshop for import? 

Storyline supports these image formats:

• BMP
  • EMF
  • GIF
  • GFA
  • JFIF
  • JPE
  • JPG
  • JPEG
  • PNG
  • TIF
  • TIFF
  • WMF

For the other glitches you've run into, can you share any more details? I'd start with a repair of Storyline and confirming you're on the latest update, Storyline 360, build 3.27.18822.0. If you're still having trouble after that, let me know and our Support Team is at the ready to assist! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.