Uninstall Articulate 360 not working

Nov 16, 2016

Getting an error message when trying to uninstall Articulate 360. Please see attachment.

How do I uninstall it correctly?

Are you going to create an Articulate 360 forum here?

Thanks!

Roger J.

7 Replies
Cheryl Hoover

I second Roger's question about a separate forum. Separate product-specific forms would be so helpful. I'm spending so much time sifting through the forum to find a learning nugget or to follow threads. It's quite overwhelming. Please reconsider separating out by product somehow. I'd also love to see some of the more advanced topics in a separate forum. There are so many talented advanced designers in this forum, but it's very intimidating. Maybe I'm alone in this. Oh, yeah. I am. I'm a one-person shop with no one to discuss these topics with, and I'm beginning to really doubt my abilities and wonder if Storyline is too advanced for me. Thank you for listening.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cheryl,

Each product (Storyline, Studio, Replay, Rise, Review) have their own sections, but they are rolled all together in terms of Storyline 1 and 2 and Storyline 360. When you visit the product page within the forums you'll be able to choose which product you specifically want to look at - and if you're posting a query you can also select that. I recorded a short Peek to show you how to drill down to those sections and it's uploaded here to Articulate Review. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

No problem Cheryl - it took me a bit to get used too as well and I'm in here every day! 

As far as separating them out, I know we heard similar when Storyline 2 was launched and what we started to see was folks indicating version in their discussion title or at the start of the post, so perhaps that's worth considering in the interim.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.