Unknown/Random Text appearing on published slides

Attached is a screenshot of what is happening. There are no objects on the slide the red text is associated with. We have figured out so far that to fix this problem all of the objects are copied to a blank slide. And this works only as long as the slide is then not moved to a different position within the presentation, then the text appears again. Any suggestions on what is causing this so we can eliminate it altogether.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Emilie,

Are you able to share the .story file here with us (even just that one slide) so that we could take a look?

I'd also want to confirm that you're following along with these guidelines here:

Emilie Verhovshek

Here is the story and to all of your guidelines above yes, we make sure we work locally on our c:drive, publish and copy and paste the published version to our shared drive.

This issue will appear in the preview and published version. Currently this file is not demonstrating the issue, but since it appears when we re-order the slides. It may require that to recreate it. 

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Emilie,

Thanks for sharing the file. I didn't see the red text appear after moving the slides around a lot - but I did find an earlier thread  that showed the same image and it seems to be from a third party library that is converting elements. It looks like for most users, it's fixed by importing the file into a new project and/or conducting the repair of Storyline.