Updated storyline 360 makes explorer.exe crash

Jun 10, 2017

As i really can't find the cause of this just trying a long shot.

Updated Articulate Storyline to the newest version. At that point a strange issue occured on two computers.

- I save a storyline file without any issue and close down the program. Looking at CPU and memory everything is perfect. Completely out of the blue one of the Articulate processes has a very short spike and at that moment my complete machine freezes and can only be restarted 'hard'. I have had this with two pc's on the same account. A machine with the older Storyline version still works ok. 

Any idea if this could be a memory leak / bug?

Vincent

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Oh no, sorry about that Vincent. We definitely wouldn't expect that to happen, and it's strange that it has happened on two separate computers. 

Try these steps to fix erratic behavior. Beyond that, I'd like to put you in touch with our Support Engineers. They'll be able to work with you one-on-one based on your set-up. You can open a case with them right here! Be sure to let me know your case number so I can follow along. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Vincent, 

Uh oh - does the explorer.exe show as what is freezing in your task manager, or that it's something else Articulate specific freezing? Have you checked that you meet the minimum system requirements here? 

Any more information you can share will help! Also, we can get you in a Support case to pull some logs and figure out what may be happening. 

Vincent S

Hi Ashley,

Forgot to reply... Problem is fixed. It seems pure coincidence and not Articulate related. The update seems to have kicked my (already dying) hard drive over the edge. Can imagine it writing to bad sectors on the drive which caused the issue. Fresh out of the box drive and problem has disappeared.

Thank you,

Vincent

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.