Uploading Storyline French course to Skillport

May 03, 2013

Hi there,

I have been trying to upload my French course, which was published in SCORM 1.2 using Storyline, to Skillport. Once I am in Skillport Publisher, I select the publish tab, scorm 1.2 and then hit the "next" button. When I try to load the Storyline output folder onto Skillport, it automatically stays "unable to upload content with unsupported characters. Please use characters from A to Z and 0-9." However, I called the Skillport support team, sent them the zipped file and they have escalated my issue to the second level since they were also unable to load it on nor tell me why it did not accept my french accents, since Skillport does support multiple languages.

They think it might be in the Storyline files. So I took a look in the imsmanifest and made sure that the accents (which appeared as ?) were properly displayed in the imsmanifest file. I also check the root files to make sure no ? were placed where accents should be.

Should I be looking anywhere else? Does anybody know or has anybody encountered the same kind of problem while trying to load a french course from Storyline to Skillport? (please note that I tried to change the title name of the file to upload it to Skillport and it worked but when it displayed the course title in Skillport, it was filled with ? instead of the proper accents).

Thank you.

2 Replies
Geert De Rycke

Hi Franky

could it be taht the proper characterset at Skillport is not set ?

When your course is rendered, your browser just displays whatever the LMS sents it... So the problem might be that the characterset which has the accents is not deployed at Skillport...

We hadsomething similar...Videos didn't want to be displayed... The MIME was missing  on the servers where our courses resided...



Gerry Wasiluk

If I recall correctly, per the SCORM spec, certain definition fields in the manifest file can only be English characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and underscores or dashes).



Trying to find what fields need this and not finding anything.  Try changing the Course_ID field to have no special characters and see if that works.  Also, the zip file name should not have any special characters sometimes

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.