Use a slider as progressbar
Jul 03, 2019
With the newe Built-In variables (see also https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/new-in-storyline-360-slide-numbers?page=3#reply-610329) it is much easier to use a slider as a progressbar.
How does it work?
- Place a slider on the masterslide;
- Replace the thumb fill with an image of a rectangle;
- Make the slider track transparent;
- Mask parts of the screen with rectangles of png-images (preferable);
- Use the Scene.SlideNumber variable to move the thumb of the slider.
You can see different examples in this project. In the first three examples you must adjust the slider properties when the number of slides in a scene changes. The last example is a generic solution for 1 - 100 slides in a scene and needs some calculation (explained in the example).
- On my site (in Dutch): http://www.dorna.nl/progressbar-with-slider/ (with a link to the .story file)
- Only the project: http://www.dorna.nl/sl/progressbar_with_slider/story.html
- On Articulate Review: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/fbf2e99b-a096-45f4-a996-758c152a0e32/review