Users getting stuck

Feb 01, 2019

I need help with a new course in Storyline 360. The slides advance fine for me in Preview mode, and they seem fine when I publish to Review 360, but I've have several test users get stuck on one slide and I'm not sure why. They get stuck on the "Incomplete" layer.  

Can someone help me find what I'm missing? What else do you need to know

5 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to the community, Rita. I'm happy to help you figure this out! 🍎

I published the slide to Review 360 using Storyline 360, update 24 – here's the URL. I'm having trouble reproducing any issues on the Incomplete layer on Chrome 71, so I'll need your help:

Looking forward to digging deeper!

Rita Carson

Thanks for looking at this Katie! It sounds like nothing looks obviously wonky on that slide from your perspective. 

Your Peek recording matches what testers should see. And yes, a couple of testers got stuck because the "return" button didn't work from that Incomplete slide (and the NEXT button is set to send them to the incomplete slide after all the layers have been visited). For one other tester, that slide worked but she got stuck on another slide ... 

One other possible suspect is that all the testers are running this from Configio (an all-in-one e-commerce platform that includes an LMS). We've had a few other issues with this platform (although we haven't specifically run eLearning programs through it). On the other hand, we had run an earlier test version (which included this slide, running on this system) and it didn't seem to have any of these issues.   

Since I posted the question, I also tested this on SCORM Cloud with no problems. 

I'll check out the browser question. Any other thoughts you have about things to check are welcome!

Katie Riggio

My pleasure, Rita! 🙂

Thanks for these extra details. For next steps, I would touch base with Configio to let them know that the project works correctly in SCORM Cloud. You could also enable LMS debug mode to capture the communication flowing back and forth between your course and LMS. All this data should give Configio better insight into what their platform is trying to tell us. 

If they're able to provide some helpful information that points to an issue with Storyline 360's output, please let our Support team know. We'd love to keep helping!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.