Using an external player for video playback via CDN using JWPlayer
Has anyone used a player external to Articulate for video playback? For example, I want to be able to use something like JWPlayer inside of Articulate Storyline for video playback.
- I cannot store our video files on Youtube to use the <iframe> method of embed.
- With 700 videos, I don't want to make 700 URLS and then 700 WebObjects in Articulate.
- All my videos need to be on a CDN for global consumption
- I need greater flexibility of the player rather than wrapping a video file in an <iframe> and leaving it up to the user's browser to play the file.
- Half my users are on HTML5 browsers and 1/2 need a flash player. All are accessing the info via LMS.
- ebmed an iframe into articulate that contains a URL to a player.html file and a query perameter that can be passed off to that page to locate and play the video.
Of course, if there is an easier way, or if anyone has another way, I am all ears, but I have not seen any posts about this topic. Thanks in advance for any help this community can provide.