Using forms and documents in Storyline 360

May 14, 2019

Hi, I am building a course on how to witness a statutory declaration (which is a legal form) and need to show the learner a sample.  The form is a PDF, which I have converted to an image (PNG) but when I insert this into Storyline, the image is not clear (assuming because it is not HD). I really would like the learner to click on the form and then see the entire 1 page form enlarged - is this possible? I have attached the original PDF I am trying to use to create this activity. Any help would be appreciated! I would even like to use variables to create a section of the form for text entry...

8 Replies
Jem Janik

Good question!  If you have a learner viewing a course on a smaller device like a phone, it will be really difficult to see the whole form at once. 

Have you considered using zoom regions?  I quickly made my own image from your PDF. I added the full graphic onto a slide, but then added a zoom-in for the top of the form immediately followed on the timeline of a zoom-in for the bottom of the form.   

It's readable in landscape phone preview, but still would benefit from sharpening the image.  This is a current list of some of the good, free photo editors:  https://www.techradar.com/best/free-photo-editor

Belinda Cronau

Hi Jem, thank you and yes I have used zoom regions and the image is just a blurry. I also use Adobe Illustrator to convert the image to high resolution, but still came up blurry when I inserted the image in Storyline. I am really not sure what else I can do... but I will check out the link to photo editors :) Belinda

Belinda Cronau

Hi Crystal, thanks for your reply. Yes, we can host documents on our server and I have done that for another section in the course to show the user the different types of formats a statutory declaration can be presented in. I really wanted something a little different in this section, for example, have the user see the smaller image on the slide and then zoom in on it without any distortion to the image. I am not having any luck at all, even after recreating the form in PowerPoint with text and shapes before converting it to an image - I still have the same result, a blurry image.  Belinda :)

Tom Kuhlmann

There are three things that would probably work for this:

• Insert the PDF via web object

Use the scrolling panel

• Insert a larger image that won't get as degraded 
  • The form is easy to rebuild and insert in the scrolling panel. This preserves the quality since everything remains a vector. And you can also add text input. 

Here's mock up. Disregard the web object button because I didn't insert it and accidentally closed the file before saving. https://360.articulate.com/review/content/d80d4561-93e1-470e-b1b2-1c35e10e99b3/review

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.