Using keyboard-controlled interaction - meeting 508 accessibility requirement

Dec 23, 2014

Dear colleagues:

I am trying to satisfy a request in meeting the 508 Accessibility requirement. I have drag-and-drop incorporated in my knowledge checks. What keyboard -controlled alternative can I use?

Sharing your experience/suggestion/recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Claudia

23 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Stacey and Isobel

have just gone back through my notes.  Claudia had two quiz questions that needed rework.

One we could redo as a Sequence drag and drop where the user could tab to the drop down and then use the up/down arrow keys to select.

The second one we used triggers and variables to get it working.

Sorry its not a straight answer but I'd need to see the context of the question to give you a suggestion.

Wendy Farmer

Hi Isobel

I have changed it from a D&D to a pick one interaction.  Using the keyboard the user must tab to each option and then hit enter to choose Action or Object.  You may need to rearrange the order of the objects but it works in principle.  I have created the variables on screen so you can see when an option is selected how it turns to true or false and this is what triggers the correct or incorrect for the interaction. Hope this helps you

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.