Using Markers

Jul 15, 2014

Hi All

Is there a way to resize a marker in storyline? I have changed one of the markers to a picture, but now the image is too small and difficult to read.

Cheers

Jake

5 Replies
Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Jake,

I'd created a story a while back with an example. I've attached it, and here's how I did it:

So, the "pseudo" marker is a button inserted on the base layer. I increased the size of the "I" on the button by increasing the Font size, but you could instead use a picture or any object and turn it into a button

I created 2 layers: one I called hover, the other I called click.

Click Layer
On the click layer I created the "information text box, positioned it where I wanted, and typed in the "title text" and the "content text."
I created a trigger to hide the layer when users click the text box.

Problem, what if they try to click the information button, which isn't clickable here. Solution: create a transparent rectangle over the button area, and add a trigger to jump to the base layer when the user clicks the rectangle...it feels to them like they're clicking the button.

Hover Layer
Copy/Paste the text box from the Click Layer, and delete all the text except for the "Title Text."

Base Layer
Add 2 triggers to the button.
One to show the hover layer when user hovers over the button
One to show the click layer when user clicks the button.

Please shout out with any questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.