Using Question Banks

I have read the 5 things you should know about question banks and the 3 additional tips. Is the intent that we should be able to set up a singular question bank, and do a question draw, with custom settings in one scene and then be able to do yet another draw in another scene with different settings? I am asking because that was my assumption (good or bad), and when I customized the settings in the draw, it seemed to make them apply to all the questions. I ended up duplicating my bank for each scene - seemed to make the idea of a question bank, well questionable - what did i miss or do i just need to try one more time? I am new, so maybe I did something wrong.

3 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Deborah,

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes! 🌟

You are correct in that you should be able to create multiple draws from one question bank and create different settings for each. You can read more about that here

Are you finding that the settings in one draw are applying to the second draw? With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here for the community to take a look, or you’re always welcome to share with our Support Engineers here. They’re available 24/7 to assist!  We'll delete it when done troubleshooting. 

Cameo Echols

Hello!

I have similar questions that are not answered in the tutorials. Here is what I am trying to do and what I have done so far.

Goal: Create a practice call simulation "bucket" of 10 to 15 scenarios. Trainees will randomly be assigned 3 to 5 simulations to practice with before they take live calls. 

I have created a short test project to experiment with the best methods to achieve the above goal. Here are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Created an intro scene and 3 test scenes. 

2. Built a question bank with 3 slides that would lead to the other scenes

3. Inserted a question bank draw in the intro scene. With the settings set to "All" and "Randomly".

4. Directed the last slide of each scene back to the Question bank draw. 

5. Redirected the last slide of each scene back to Intro

The first time through the question draw works great. I am able to navigate to the other scene. But when I go back to either the Intro (at which point I use the button to get back to the question draw) or directly to the question draw, it never takes me to a different scenario. It keeps leading me back to whatever random scenario it pulled up the first time.

Do I need to insert the draw multiple times? If I do that, what's to stop the draw from administering the same scenario twice?