Using the Question Bank and Results Slide in Storyline 360

Jun 21, 2019

I'm building a module that has quiz questions within the module that are specific to each section reviewed. The questions are scored on a results slide at the end. If the user doesn't pass the quiz, they have to review the questions and then retake until they achieve 80% or higher. The problem is some of the triggers in the questions take them back to the main menu, so if they have to retake, it won't take them through only the quiz slides. I've tried building a question bank and using it at the end for the retake with mixed success.

The results slide scores correctly for the initial quiz and the retake, but I'm having problems with letting them review the questions to see what they've missed. On the initial review, it goes through only the questions in the module that they've taken, but on the retake, it goes through both the questions in the module and the retake quiz. If they passed, but chose to review the ones they missed before completing the module, it rescores the quiz when they get back to the slides results page and tells them they didn't pass and need to retake and creates a never ending loop. I've tried to add the questions from the question bank in to the module to see if that would resolve the problem, but I can't figure out how to select the ones I want added, not just randomly.

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Angela. It sounds like you have individual question slides throughout the course, and a question bank that is accessed only during a retake of the initial assessment. Is that accurate? Do you have a results slide that tracks the initial question slides and the question bank?

If you can share your .story file here for us to take a look under the hood, that would be super helpful! Need to keep it private? No worries; use this link to share it with my team. We'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.