Variable issues

Aug 17, 2015

I am trying to have an image appear on the menu of my course that indicates to the user the topic has been visited.  It's a small diamond image with three status - Normal, Visited, and Disabled.  The initial state of the image is Disabled.

On the menu page, I have a trigger where:

Action: change the state of

On object: diamond.png

To state: Visited

When: Variable changes

Variable: CO1Po1Visited

On Condition: C01Po1Visited == Equal to 1.00.

The Co1Po1Visited is a number variable, with a default value of 0.

On the page that trips the variable, the page has a slide trigger where:

Action: Adjust variable

Variable: C01Po1Visited

Operator: = Assigment

Value: 1

When: Timeline starts

Object: Slide 1.2 Co1P01

When I preview the course, the diamond does not appear on the menu page (expected behavior).  I click the link to go to the target page.  I then navigate back to the menu page, and although the variable now has a value of 1, the state of the image does not change to visited.

Any thoughts?  I have attached the file for easy reference.

7 Replies
Jackson Hamner

Ahh I see what you're talking about now! It was hidden and i didnt see it :P

So, I think I see your problem. You have it set to reveal when the variable changes, but the change happens on a different slide. You should switch it to when the timeline starts so that it has a chance to fire the trigger.

Hope this helps!

Edit: looks like Michael beat me to it :)

Michael Hinze
Jackson Hamner

Ahh I see what you're talking about now! It was hidden and i didnt see it :P

So, I think I see your problem. You have it set to reveal when the variable changes, but the change happens on a different slide. You should switch it to when the timeline starts so that it has a chance to fire the trigger.

Hope this helps!

Edit: looks like Michael beat me to it :)

Sorry Jackson, I didn't mean to 'move in' on your thread :-)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.