Variable nightmare in Storyline 360

Mar 22, 2017

Hi Community, I'm reaching out for urgent help.

I am preparing a course for internal client use for next Monday (its Wednesday now). The file is being rendered into Scorm 2004 v4 using a results slide to report success.

The quiz was working ok, but then I created a new scene and cut and pasted the question slides and results slide into the new scene. Now, the result variables are the wrong ones and I don't know which one the questions are using.

I have attached the broken project file in SL360, can you help?

Cheers

8 Replies
David Mitchell

Just clarifying a few things - I've used result variables on each quiz question's success layer and those don't display anything now. I've tried the various variables available - Results, Results1, Results2, Results3 and none of them work, in fact, using them causes the course to 'hang'. The course when uploaded into our LMS doesn't record completion because there isn't a user score being reported. Basically its very broken, please help. Thank you.

Wendy Farmer

Hi David

I created a new scene and put your existing result slide in there. I then created a new result slide (not formatted) which gave me the four system generated result variables.

Changed the menu to free so I could test, published to html5 and uploaded to Review - took forever and I couldn't even access the first slide (spinning wheel).

Republished as Flash and uploaded to Review. Went through the quiz and got the score points to display but not the pass points.

I then

• deleted the result slide
  • created a new file, importing all slides
  • created a new result slide 
  • tested

Here is link on review - it's working as expected but there are still result variables hanging around that shouldn't be there unless you have a result slide somewhere else in your file that I'm not seeing.

Attached is the new project file - you'd need to check the formatting and change the publish settings back to html5/flash.

Hope this helps. If not I would log a support ticket with Articulate and get them to check it out.

Good luck with your project

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

Glad to hear that - Just wanted to also give you a heads up that responding via email includes your signature here in ELH. You are welcome to visit the forum discussion and click on the "edit" below your post to remove that information. No worries on our part - just in case you don't want your information publicly! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.