Variables

Apr 17, 2018

Hiya,

I am creating a module, where the SME wants the menu locked down, but the user is still able to revisit section they have completed.

So I thought variables would be the best option.

I have created a master slide with a hidden layer that appears when the user clicks the clock, an each scene is set up so as the time line begins it add 1 to the variable and then the master slide has a state change on each box to show that it is now unlocked (goes from blue to red).

However, I'm struggling as I can make a box change colour on the actual slide using variables but not on the master slide.

I have attached the document, any help would be amazing.

Using Storyline 2 

Thanks

4 Replies
Susi B

Hi Helen,

you can achieve this by using the restricted navigation. See this article.

There are 3 ways to navigate through a course:

• Free: This lets learners navigate to any part of the course at any time. They can view slides in any order.
  • Restricted: This means learners can view the current slide and any slide they previously viewed, but they can't use the menu or the Next button to jump ahead or skip over slides.
  • Locked: This means learners can only view slides in the order you've designed. They can't use the menu or the Previous/Next buttons to jump ahead or skip over slides, nor can they go back to any previously viewed slides.

I hope this helps. :)

Susi

Helen Gilbert

Hi Susi,

The SME doesn't want the user to freely navigate the module as they want to make sure that they have visited each section.

We normally use restrictive without a menu for our shorter courses, however as this one is slightly longer, both myself and the SME feel the option to revisit sections is a bonus.

Do variables not work in the master slide?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.