Variables

Jan 29, 2020

I have a slide with 6 characters. Upon clicking each oval, a video plays introducing that character.

When the learner has viewed all 6 videos/characters, I want the Next button to appear and an audio to play. How do I make that happen? I know I can accomplish that with variables but I am unsure how. Any help is appreciated!

1 Reply
Wendy Farmer

HI Neha

Not sure if the videos are on layers on the slide or the user is going to other slides and can't tell from your image if the user can click the ovals in any order.

Create 6 T/F variables default to False.

Set triggers:

1. Change state of next button to disabled when timeline starts on the slide.
  2. Adjust Variable 1 to True when Media completes (Character 1 video) - repeat this trigger for all 6 variables.

If the user is going to other slides and coming back to this slide then the final trigger would be

Change state of Next button to normal when timeline starts on the slide with all the characters on condition that all variables are = True.

If you are using layers with the videos and the user can click the ovals in any order.

Add this trigger to each layer before the hide layer trigger if you have one

Change state of next button to normal when user clicks button (or action how are they closing the layer) on condition that variable1=True AND variable2=True AND variable3=True AND variable4=True AND variable5=True AND variable6=True.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.