Variables?

Nov 29, 2016

Can I use variables to fill in fielded data for me? What I want to do is start with a landing page with various customers. Say for example I click on Jane Doe. As I move through a simulation of screen shots, I want fielded data to automatically populate for Jane Doe.  Or if I select John Smith, I want those same simulation screen shots to fill in with John Smith's data.  I'm trying to avoid creating 15 different simulations that all do the same thing, but have different data (name, address, etc) in them.

8 Replies
Jacqueline Miller

THANK YOU! You are brilliant and a life saver!
This makes perfect sense!

Jackie Miller - AIC, INS, AIS, BA, MBA, LOL
Instructional Designer II Learning & Deliver

Instructional Design & Development, USAA
17200 Commerce Park Boulevard, Tampa, Florida 33647
Office: (813) 415-7145
Jacqueline.Miller@usaa.com
usaa.com | facebook.com/usaa | twitter.com/USAA

Jacqueline Miller

Hey Matthew,

I have the first screen working so when the learner clicks the customer name of Jane Doe, it jumps to the next slide and Jane Doe's name appears in the appropriate area.
Now, how do I tie I the changed state with that?

I would also like for Jane Doe's address to appear in another section on that page. I get the concept that you explained, but just can't figure out the conditional trigger to change the state when they click on Jane Doe from screen 1.

Instructional Designer II Learning and Delivery

Jacqueline Miller

This is what I've done:

Instructional Designer II Learning and Delivery

Jacqueline Miller

Good to know!  Thanks. 

Here's what I've done.  On the 2nd slide, I have a screen shot with Normal state, then I have the same screen shot titled Jane Doe state with a text box over it to add her address when the variable of Customer is Equal to Jane Doe.

When I select Jane Doe on the first screen, it sends me to the second screen and the reference text box is ok with her name, but I also want the correct states screen to be added which will include more information on Jane Doe.  I've used states before so I'm familiar with them but I'm missing something. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.