Variables

Nov 03, 2020

Hello Heroes!

I have been working on a learning game in Storyline 360.  The game consists of 4 buildings and within each building there are 5 levels.  When a level is passed (answer = correct) the user earns 1 medallion.

My issue is that scene/building #1 was copied to the other 3  scenes/buildings, so the # of medallions earned/levels completed is associated with building 1.  I need assistance in editing the variables and triggers if anyone is able to help!!

I need a hero.  I'm holding out for a hero until the end of the night.!

3 Replies
Garth Yorko

With something like this with complex variables, I prefer to name them with reference to the slide.  This will make your editing much easier

Your fix looks pretty simple.  I updated the Building 2 variables.

First I create 5 new T/F variables:

• 3_16_Activity_1
  • 3_4_Activity_2
  • 3_13_Activity_3
  • 3_10_Activity_4
  • 3_7_Activity_5

The first 2 numbers refer to the slide number where they are adjusted on the Correct layer.  The second number is the activity number.

After creating the variables, I went to the Correct Layer of the activity slides and changed the copied variable to the corresponding new one. 

Once I did that for each activity. then I updated the Second slide of the scene with the corresponding new variables.

Then repeat for the other scenes and activities with new variables for each scene, similar to above.

Garth Yorko

I made a few more changes.  Primarily I created some new Slide masters for Scenes 2, 3, and 4, and a generic one.  The notes pages pretty much work.

I did not get to the Medallions Scene to make it work line the notes.  But you can see how the notes work and do something similar

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.