Variables help

Sep 25, 2022

Hi,

I need help in setting up the correct variables in four assessment slides in such a way that if the user selects any radio box as an option, the total should reflect the basis of the user's choice, and relevant feedback should come in the final slide.

The issue I am facing is that feedback coming overlapped in the final slide( test by selecting options that result in a total of 30 or 50).

Moreover, I am facing another issue. The scenario is:

Attempt 1: Each radio box is assigned a default value. Below 5 means that I have selected each questions radio box 1 which becomes 1+1+1+1+1=5 and likewise for 10 etc.

First slide: 5
Second Slide: 10
Third Slide: 5
Fourth Slide: 10

Total: 30

Attempt 2( by going through the menu to the fourth slide keeping other scores as it is)

First slide: 5 (unchanged)
Second Slide: 10( unchanged)
Third Slide: 5(unchanged)
Fourth Slide: 9( selected first radio box and left another radio box as it is and submit)

The total should now be: 29

However, it is coming as 21!!

Screen-recording: : https://360.articulate.com/review/content/7c98bb72-41d8-412a-9645-2bbcb955735d/review

Ask: no matter how many times I attempt either the entire assessment slide or partially. Partially here means even if I change one radio box, the slide count total should reflect as per my latest choices and the final total should reflect the basis of that only.

2 Replies
Jürgen Schoenemeyer

so many variables ...

your problem are the 5 variables "totalRow1", ... - they are only correct initialized from the submit button in the first run

in your screen recording you can see the row variables don't fit to the rest

5 x 2 = 10 (value near the submit button) from the first run

but now 5 x 0 (totalRow1, ...)

if you click one "1" -> result 1 (1x1 + 4x0) - not 1x1 + 4x2 = 9

your variables should either be initialized correctly at each slide start - or - don't use them multiple times (each slide has its own set of row-variables)