Video

Jun 29, 2012

I am new to Storyline and not sure if this is even possible. I have a continuous playing video, but would like for the Outline to showvarious timestampsalong with a brief description when it is published. This way the user can quickly jump to what is important to them. Is there anyway to make this happen?

11 Replies
Gerry Wasiluk

Hmm, that's a challenge. The only triggers we have so far for media is play, stop, and pause. And no jump to position X on the timeline or workaround that I can remember.

To appear in the outline, dividing the video up among several slides is probably best. The time to move from slide to slide should be minimal. And the slides can all play automatically so it looks like one continuous video.

Another option is put the complete video on the base slide and then add something like buttons underneath it that when clicked move to certain positions in the video.

For each position you need, add a layer to the slide. Put the same video on the layer and trim it to start at the point you need. Make the layers all pause the base layer. Then set the revisiting properties to set to initial state.

Gerry Wasiluk

No problem. Let us know if it is successful for you.

One thing--you can break up the video simply in Storyline itself (it's not a full-blown video editor but you can do some simple things). Copy the slide with the full video on it and then on the copy, use the trim feature in the video editor to start off deeper into the video.

Then "lather, rinse and repeat" as often as you need.

Katie Weaver

Good morning! I was able to edit the video by using the trim feature, and it was successful. However, I have a few questions regarding Storyline in general. When I am Publishing for LMS delivery, I change the tracking to Complete/Incomplete, but when I tested it, once complete, it is showing Passed instead of Complete. I double checked my settings, and everything seems correct. Also, I am choosing the option "Allow downloading for offline viewing", but I don't see where I have that option once published. In addition, in Presenter, I had the option to add an Exit button, but I don't see that as an option here.

Any help is apprecatied!

Thanks,

Katie

Katie Weaver

Good afternoon! I am still having issues with the course showing Passed, even when I have chosen for it to show Completed/Incomplete in the tracking part of publishing. It not only shows Passed but puts a 0% in parenthesis. This isn't an assessment, so it shouldn't show Passed. Also, this happens on both the desktop and iPad.

Also, is there a way to lock a course so the user cannot advance forward?

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.