Video

Jun 12, 2014

Hi,

I made 1 slide in storyline, using the time line.  At the end I inserted a small video film in the same slide.  When I published it, I saved this slide on the fileserver in a public map where the users can see the training.  Problem is that the video is not included in the slide when you open the fileserver.  It is automatically saved in two parts (slide and video).

We'd also like to put this training teaser on the screens in the hall so it's important that the slide ends automatically with the video.  How can I solve this problem? 

Many thanks for your help.

An

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi An and welcome to Heroes!

Are you publishing to a local drive or to your server? You'll want to work on your files and publish them to a local drive as described here - and when you're ready to test the published output, test it within the intended environment. If you plan on deploying this course locally you may want to use the publish to CD option. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi An,

Are you moving the entire contents of the published output folder? You may want to check that your server allows for the video types to play and it may need an update to the mime types.  Also, what way did you publish? For web or for a local source? Depending on how the file server is set up and how the users will need to access the content you may want to change your publish method. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.