Video editing

May 03, 2016

When I click the Edit Video button to edit am mp4 video on a slide, Storyline 2 freezes and is completely unresponsive. I have to reboot the computer. Using the task manager doesn't close storyline.

Thanks for your help

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Martin,

Thanks for letting us know that you went through those steps - and did you do the full repair as detailed here, it's a bit more involved than a reinstall. 

Also just an FYI that responding via email to a forums thread will include your signature here so you're welcome to edit the post to remove that information. 

Thanks Martin - sharing attachments via email won't upload them here (I know, confusing that your signature does come through - but the attachment piece is to cut down on spam) so I can't see the settings you're using. 

Is it just this one video file that you're having problems with in Storyline or any video that you insert? Can you share the video file here with us? If you'd prefer to share privately you can also send it along here. 

Thanks Martin - I took a look and was able to insert, edit the video and publish successfully. I've uploaded the published output folder for you here.  So it does work normally for me - since you've already done the repair, I'd like to have you work with our Support team to further determine what could be causing this and take a look at your system and set up. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.