Video editing

Apr 10, 2014

I understand I can only trim the beginning or end of a video and nothing in between---sure wish I could.

Is there a way to mute something in the middle of the video.  I have a video that I would like to use in a presenation but it has some bad language I would like to mute or even take out.

2 Replies
Pedro Fernandez

High Kenra!

You can use Techsmith's Camtasia editor (free 30 day trial if you don't have it already), or Adobe Premier Elements (you can get Photoshop and Premier elements for about 90-120 dollars) or an open source editor to trim out the sound.

Otherwise you would need to export the sounds track, edit it and the redub which is way out of scope, I think.

By far the easiest thing to do is to try Camtasia to edit down the offending part of the audio track within the video and then republish it.  The cheapest alternative would be to get Premier Elements (which is an awesome tool for most of the video edits I do).

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kendra,

There isn't a way to mute the middle of a video - although if you only are able to edit within Storyline what I do is create a few duplicate slides of my video, and then edit the beginning and end portions on the duplicates to trim to just the middle, and then you could restring these videos elements back together on one slide. It's a bit more involved, but it generally gets the job done.

Also, it's worth sharing your thoughts on advanced video editing capabilities in the form of a feature request. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.