Video format

May 13, 2013

What format of the video should be inserted to edit the video like that of the tutorial?  Follow up question, if we publish to the iPad (HTML5), will the video output automatically be converted for mp4 or a format that the iPad wil like?

Mike

4 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey Mike, welcome

Storyline supports numerous video file formats. SWF, FLV, and MP4 are natively supported. Other video file formats will be automatically converted to MP4 when you insert them into Storyline. The following file formats will be converted to MP4 when they are imported into Storyline:

• 3G2
  • 3GP
  • ASF
  • AVI
  • DV
  • M1V
  • M2V
  • M4V
  • MOV
  • MPE
  • MPEG
  • MPG
  • QT
  • WMV

And here's a quick reference of how Storyline encodes movies you insert into your courses, based on the file format of your videos and the publishing options you choose. 

Hope it helps!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Mike. Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Here's how Storyline encodes movies you insert into your courses, based on the file format of the videos and the publishing options you choose:

For a list of supported video file formats, click here. You may also want to take a look at this article on Video compression in Storyline

Please keep in mind that SWF files are not supported in the Articulate Mobile Player and SWF files are not supported in HTML5 content.

You may also want to keep the following chart handy:

Comparing Storyline's Flash, HTML5, and Articulate Mobile Player output

I hope this information helps with your project. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and welcome again!

Christine

Michael Farkas

Peter and Christine,

Thanks for the response.  I am busy walking through all the tutorials that have been put together on Storyline.  I am a regular user of the Articulate Suite software, but finally broke down and got Storyline.  We are doing so much more with the iPad now, this will be a great addition as well.  You will probably see me a lot here on these forums.

Mike

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.