Video from website

Dec 04, 2017

I inserted a video from a website, using the iframe, and it plays just fine inside the slide. Problem is, when the user advances to the next slide the video is still playing in a thumbnail over the next slides. I'm not sure why. I have published it out several times thinking it was a publishing glitch and I also reinserted the website iframe and I still get the same result. Any thoughts?

p.s. the video can only be played using IE because of silverlight.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kenneth,

Well that's certainly unusual! Can you let me know what version of Storyline you're using? Also how did you insert the video into Storyline? 

If you're able to share a copy of the .story file here I'd also love to take a look. I can test it in a few different environments to see how it behaves as well.

Kenneth Perkins

I am using Storyline 2 update 12:1705.520. I inserted the video as a "video from website" option using iframe (embedded). The video is a mediasite presentation and it's only viewable using IE (because of the use of silverlight). I did notice that it worked fine using the html5 version and not the standard html version. Here is the link.

http://authordev.healthstream.com/content/wa-mt_rgn_regional_support_services/Test/ECLSBedsideNurse/story.html

http://authordev.healthstream.com/content/wa-mt_rgn_regional_support_services/Test/ECLSBedsideNurse/story_html5.html

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kenneth.  I had trouble viewing the /story.html output from your link - it wouldn't launch at all for me in IE 11.  When I viewed the /story_html5.html output, I was able to launch and download the Silverlight tool to view that interaction.  As Ashley mentioned, however, HTML5 output is not supported for Internet Explorer.

I republished your attached project file, and I'm able to view the /story.html output as well, including the Silverlight content, from my own test site.

Have you attempted to republish your course?  Also, when you publish, what is the file path that is being used?  

Thanks for working with us!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.