Video in Storyline 360 not starting automatically

May 17, 2018

In the past day, I have encountered an issue with videos withing Storyline 360 slides not playing automatically. I am using the same Storyline file (as a kind of template and three days ago, when I would place a video in the slide and publish it as HTML5 (SCORM file), the video would play when the course opened. Now when I place the same video in the same slide, and publish the course, the user sees a play Arrow symbol in the center of the screen and must click on the screen to start the video. It plays normally after that. The video plays automatically in Preview, but when published goes to the click-to-play mode. As I mentioned, this just happened in the last two days, but if I republish a file now, I get the click-to-play issue. 

Any help on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Walton Stanley

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Walton,

Are you viewing this in Chrome or Safari? Both have started to block autoplay of media as detailed here for Chrome, and Safari here. 

With the latest updates for Storyline 3 and Storyline 360, we included support for this, and you'll now see a play button upon visiting the first slide if there is media set to autoplay and you're viewing in the latest version of those browsers. 

Let me know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.