Video issue

Feb 10, 2015

I am using a video (mp4) as a trigger to move to the next and previous slides. The video appears as a white colored block, though faint, it is visible. Is there any way I can remove the outline from the slide?

Thanks

6 Replies
Amrita Choudhury

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using the videos as triggers to move to the previous and next slides. I have attached the file for your perusal. You will be able to see some faint shapes at the bottom left and right corner of the slides. I have tried a number of options - setting the slide background to a similar shade, using Flv with alpha channel video (appears as a black box). However I haven't succeeded as yet.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Amrita for sharing the file. I was looking at it - and if you're just using it to  jump to the next slide once it's completed, why not place the video files themselves off the slide stage? I saw you also had triggers to play them when clicked - which if the user can't see them, how would they know to click t hem? I'd set it to play based on when the timeline starts. 

Amrita Choudhury

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your response. There are clear instructions in the course where I tell the learner when they need to flip the page (the slides show a spiral notebook). So it has to be on click as it should happen after the learner finishes going through the slide. 

What do you mean by off the slide stage? My problem is that the section where the video plays has a slight grayish tingle as compared to the rest of the slide. Otherwise the triggers are all functioning as expected.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Amrita,

Ah, I understand now that clicking on the video is crucial - but I don't believe there is a way to change the video's appearance even though it's set to white.

If you're able to move the videos themselves off the slide stage, which is the area where you've placed the text, images, etc. you could still use the timing of the video as a trigger element but it wouldn't be at all visible in the published output. You could then have a user click on a hotspot or something else for example in that corner - as hotpsots by default are invisible. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.