Video slides won't display ... and then they do. What is wrong?
Hello, it is old SL1-user here.
I have a problem that seem to be intermittent. Now, I do all my fancy course creating, and in addition to the shapes, the boxes, the text, the story and all, I also add videos that I have created with other software.
The videos are live people or screens. I compress them to mp4, and I am careful to make them the same resolution as what I have set my SL-course to be - usually 1280x720 pixels. The frame rate I choose is 25 fps.
And yes, I have of course checked that all objects on all slides are made visible and all.
I run tests, the course works fine, then I export and voilà - they work fine now too! I send the files to a file server (published as either web or CD), I run them locally, I go to various and random meeting rooms and run the courses. Miraculously enough ... they work just as expected.
The group leader then sends the link to her group, to test for themselves, to see whether I have managed to get everything right. And here is where one or two of them always reports back that they can hear my voice, but the video just won't show.
At first I didn't believe them, but on one or two occasions I have seen this for myself. I re-publish the files, and another person will report the same thing.
I am open to the possibility that I may be clicking around willy-nilly ... but I don't think so. I have read all the documentation, and I have studied the training videos almost religiously. I have learnt enormously since I started using SL1.
But why the videos sometimes will not show ... beats me.
Bent from Norway