Video With Transparent Background

Jul 28, 2017

I am two weeks into learning Storyline and I come from an Animation and Graphic Design background. I use the adobe suite to import objects and animations that are needed for our clients. I have searched through the forums and found 5 years of posts about this issue and no features have been made. Are a certain number of feature requests needed to qualify a feature to be implemented into the software? If so, would anyone else like to fill out this request? Also, having an editable shape/custom shape that you can grab the edge points and manipulate seems like a basic feature that should be implemented into the software.

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Louis and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

FLV videos with alpha channel transparency are supported in Articulate Storyline's Flash and Articulate Mobile Player (AMP) output. See this article for a comparison of Flash, HTML5, and AMP features.

As far as how we manage feature requests, you may find this article helpful.

What do you mean by 'having an editable shape/custom shape'? Could you elaborate on that one a bit as I'm not following.

Louis Troutman

Hello Leslie,

Thank you for your reply. Do you know of any software that exports in SWF formats? I can't seem to find any, this seems like a dead format that isn't very practical. In terms of an editable/custom shape, I was referencing the ability to grab and manipulate individual Points, Verticies or Anchors independently from the rest of the shape. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.