Videos and frames freezing in Storyline 360

Feb 19, 2017

I just started a trial version of Storyline 360 to evaluate if I want to migrate from SL2. I have a number of projects that have videos in them that don't play on Apple devices after a recent iOS update (this is on our Moodle LMS). I was hoping the new Storyline player would alleviate that issue. However, it is actually worse. The next and previous arrow buttons only work occasionally and the videos still don't play in our LMS (Moodle). Anyone else experience similar issues here?

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Whitney!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble playing your videos!  Have you done any testing in SCORM Cloud yet?  If so, are you getting the same results? We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out file issues versus LMS issues.  We are happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your file!

Also, what setting did you use for your menu navigation - free, restricted, or locked?

Whitney Lowe

Hi Alyssa:

I did not use SCORM Cloud as I don't have an account there, but did test it in Articulate Online. It worked fine there and from some other testing, I am convinced this is a Moodle generated issue. I just don't know how to solve it. Menu navigation was set as free.

For the time being I am opting for another strategy of just hosting the videos on an external server and linking to them instead of embedding them in the Storyline course. It ends up being one less click for each video, and the user experience is actually a little smoother doing it that way. 

Whitney Lowe

Thanks for the update about the free account on SCORM Cloud. I set up an account and tested there and everything is working fine, so I think that further confirms this as a Moodle issue. I'll continue troubleshooting this with the Moodle folks and see if there is any solution over there. Thanks again very much for the help in testing that out. I'll likely use SCORM Cloud in the future to test these things out. 

Alyssa Gomez

You're welcome! Glad you got set up in SCORM Cloud; I find it to be a really handy tool, especially when trying to determine if an issue is project-related or LMS-related.

We've got lots of Moodle-users in this forum, so please be sure to let us know if you hear back from Moodle support. Hopefully the solution they provide can help someone else in the future, as well!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.