videos in SL360 not playing on revisit for iphone

Mar 01, 2017

I have video clips in all of my Storyline courses and my audience uses a variety of devices. Video has worked great on all of them with Storyline 2.

I was very excited to hear about Storyline 360 's responsive player and "in-line" video support for iphone (ios 10+). Unfortunately, now when I view on iphone, it only plays the video on the first visit.

All subsequent visits to the same page on iphone, the video seems stalled / frozen / unresponsive. I have tried a number of solutions, for example:

• setting the page to "Reset to initial state"
  • creating a button that points to the same slide (so it loads again, in theory)
  • creating a reload page button (which just resets the whole course)

Nothing seems to work and of course I cannot roll back to Storyline 2. Has anyone else experienced an issue with revisiting a video on iphone in Storyline 360?

And yes, I do have a case open with support (Case #01025327), but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

5 Replies
Russell Engoran

A solution would be wonderful!

Any idea on an eta for that? If it is soon enough, I may just continue on in Storyline360 in the meantime and wait for the fix to rollout my courses.

Otherwise, I am faced with recreating everything in Storyline2 so that my iphone users are accommodated.

On a sidenote, is there a list of "known issues"? This way I can better judge whether to start new projects in storyline2 or storyline360 for now.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news! Articulate 360 Update 4  was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here.  The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed various issues when editing videos in Storyline 360 and viewing videos in published output.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news! Articulate 360 Update 4  was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here.  The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed various issues when editing videos in Storyline 360 and viewing videos in published output.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.