videos in Storyline 360

Sep 15, 2017

Hello!

I'm new to Articulate, though I've been on this awesome community site for years!

Please point me to a discussion if this is already somewhere in the archives - but I'm trying to use Storyline 360 to house a 15 minute video module. Non-interactive. And, publish to Moodle. The goal is that the learner's place can be saved if they leave the project and  that the learner has to complete the video before moving onto the next section.

Is this possible?

Thank you for any advice you can give!

6 Replies
Brian Dennis

Welcome Melissa and great question.

I believe the answer is probably no to video playing back at a paused point. If you are feeling quite adventurous you could find a video player that offers scripted control, then work up some very clever scripting to fashion something like a "resume playback" feature. A few caution, the scripting work is quite advanced and your LMS/LRS would need to tell the course where to resume. Few LMS offer such data.

Michael Anderson

I think this will work as Brian mentioned, if you use a video inserted from a streaming service that also has a javascript api available, like Vimeo. Even the free VideoJS player should work if it has a function to forward the video to a point in time. The time code of the video would be stored as a Storyline variable, which would be saved in the LMS when the course is exited. When the course is resumed, the time code variable could be check and forward the video to that point in time. It should work.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.