View Mode Editing

Jul 20, 2018

I created a screen recording in View Mode and discovered that it only captures what I actually click on.  There is a section in my recording where I hover over a link, but not actually click on it.  The video begins when I first click on something, and not where I first hover over a link.  How am I able to capture the hover in View Mode?

9 Replies
Phil Mayor

When doing recording there is an option to take a screen shot what this does is create a break point for another screen, the default is print screen button. So when recording hover and press print screen.

To retro fit this, duplicating a slide with a video and choosing action fine tuning should let you find where you hovered.

Shirah Miller

I do have a follow up question I would like help with.  I was able to change the start of my video and the end of my video in View Mode.  It showed correctly with the "Show Animation" while in the "Capture Action Fine Tuning" window, but when I preview it, the start of the video isn't correct, and the captions only appear on the first slide.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?  It displays correctly in the "Show Animation" part. but not when I preview it.  Am I missing something?

Crystal Horn

Hi Shirah!  I previewed your course, and I wondered why the course never seemed to move off of the first slide.  I realized that the recording on the first slide encompassed the entire process rather than just the first step! 

I adjusted the end of the "action fine tuning" to the end of the first step, and that shortened the recording.  Then, I had to shorten the timeline of the first slide (which had been lengthened to match the recording).

Have a look at your project with these changes, and let me know if it helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.