Viewing Storyline 360 content offline

Jan 15, 2019

Hello, 

Because my client's internet access is unreliable at times, I need the interactive game (that will be projected within a conference room) to be available offline.

I've published using CD. 

However, when I previewed the game (clicking on the .exe file), it was sketchy... or seemed to lag.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Julie

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Julie,

I see a couple of similar reports, so I want to ask some clarifying questions:

1. Do you see the same issue if you launch the story_html5.html or story.html file?
  2. Does your course have a lot of animations that are not smooth?

With your permission, our team could take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Julie Frappier

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for reaching out!

My client says that the story_html5.html file won't launch for her. It just spins... while mine opens correctly - tried it with no internet connection, cleared the cache and tried it on an incognito window on top of it.

When I Iaunched the story_html5.html file, it worked smoothly- as opposed to the .exe file.

I have After Effects videos and all different animations into it.

I was trying to give her an offline option if her internet connection got cut off.

Any thoughts?

Leslie McKerchie

It does sound like you're running into an issue, but not sure that we've seen what you are experiencing. As I mentioned above, with your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with a support engineer to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.