Volume Issues

Oct 04, 2017

When I upload my Articulate Storyline 360 module to Articulate Review to have my stackholders review the content, the volume changes on the different slides. When I listen to the entire presentation from my external speakers, the volume is even all the way through. However, when colleagues listen to the presentation with their laptop/desktop internal speakers the volume will change drastically to the point where they can't hear it. I unplugged my external speakers to see if it happened that way for me and the first time I tried it the volume went down drastically a few frames into the presentation and I couldn't hear it. The next time I tried it the volume went down at the very beginning so I couldn't hear it. Does anyone know why the volume stays normal throughout a presentation using external speakers but goes up and down so drastically when using laptop/desktop internal speakers?

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nicole,

You've got a puzzle, for sure! We've seen a few reports of volume issues recently (like this one) but it's not something we've been able to replicate ourselves. I also haven't seen anything like this reported for Articulate Review, so this adds a new twist to the plot. Let's see if we can narrow this down.

• What version of Windows are you and your colleagues on? 
  • When did you first notice this behavior? Do you know if that coincided with any updates to Storyline or Windows?
  • Have you been able to reset your audio/speaker settings to at least hear through the standard speakers?
  • Does the same audio problem happen when you're previewing the course (prior to publishing)? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.