WARNING: New File Shortcut Key for STL 360

Mar 10, 2018

I have a deadline of today. I thought I'd been saving intermittently throughout the day, but I don't really work on weekends and I guess I haven't been. Well -- I was almost with my file, just finalizing some developer notes. I went to bold some text using the shortcut key (Ctrl+b) and accidentally hit "n" instead of "b." This opened a completely blank file. There is no autorecovery version of the document, there is no way to undo the action, there was no prompt to savem there is no trace of the file I'd spent a day on because I pressed one incorrect shortcut key. 

Has anyone had this happen? Is there a fix that I and level 1 (only available) IT have missed? 

4 Replies
Christine Love

I tested the same capability before posting. I am not always prompted to save the file, but I haven't been able to figure out why it's inconsistent. I have tried this when a file is saved to an FTP and my hard drive but haven't had consistent results. I tried again just now and was prompted to save the file. However, I have been able to replicate the issue several times. I am certain I did not get an error message or prompt asking to save the current file when the original error occurred yesterday.

Your fix of going to "Recent files" is the first thing I tried, followed by checking the Storyline autorecovery folder, my recycle bin, searching for the file name in various locations. We did the standard battery of things to recover the document. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christine,

I saw your case that you submitted, and working with our Support Engineers on this issue will be the best method to figure out what occurred. 

I let them know that you reached out here and it looks like this case has been assigned to my colleague Rowie. Rowie will be in touch soon, so keep an eye out for an email from Support@articulate.com

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.