Web Object Error

May 13, 2015

I have used a Web Object to play a YouTube video; however, I get this error "They Hyperlinks feature on this slide has been disabled while viewing locally because your browser does not support it." I can watch this YouTube video on my browser outside of the training. Recommendations to fix or a better way to insert the video? It's currently set to open in another browser. Thanks!

13 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jessica!

I'm not sure what version of Storyline you are utilizing or how you are publishing your content or I could provide some documentation.

Be sure that you are viewing your published content in the environment that your users would access. It sounds as if you are still viewing locally, which would explain the issue that you are having.

Jessica Jones

Hi Leslie! Yes the youtube video does open in another browser. The original browser that the course was in just says "your course was opened in another browser." When the youtube video is finished, you can close that browser but the course doesn't resume. I have attached. Thanks so much for your help!

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for sharing Jessica! I'm not seeing that behavior when I test the content in SCORM Cloud. I am able to click next to proceed through the course as expected. Perhaps it's a setting with your LMS or perhaps you are not seeing the course window (is it behind your browser).

https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/InvitationConfirmEmail?publicInvitationId=cc7e03d9-5813-427c-9ba9-e24147ffdc7f

Sophie Cadiergue

Hello,

We had this message too in a Storyline sequence, calling other storyline sequences as web objects.

We try to fix it by modifying the flash player settings to 'Always autorize' on the settings manager on (all) the web browsers and we had no more problems reading the web objects.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Hope it will help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.