When I publish, my navigation comes out broken.
I have a story with fairly complex navigation. Just before I publish, I preview the file to make certain that the navigation is working properly. When it passes, I publish. Several times I have published a file that I have tested in preview that then does not work when published.
Specifically, the navigation buttons stop working after publishing – amongst issued like inserted sound files not being saved, etc. If this were to occur before I published, I would guess that the triggers and/or variables used to create the navigation are improperly set and I would repair them before I published. Unfortunately this occurs after I have tested and saved the file and then only after I have published it.
I actually solved this issue by uninstalling and re-installing Storyline and then rebuilding the navigation in a new file. But, I cannot trace why it would occur in the first place.
The following are the facts about the original file:
· It was imported from a very large PPT and pared down to a useable size.
· However, it is still huge - the story file is 131MB on disk.
· The file and Storyline have performed horribly slowly since the files creation
· I have suffered crashes due to lack of memory. My computer is 2.0 Ghz I7 w/256gb SSD and 8GB of ram, (never had performance issued)
· I have had the "this file can’t be saved..." error multiple times daily.
On the surface it appears that I am just pushing Storyline too hard… but I read all the time about folks working with larger files.