Why does my Storyline360 seem to crash as soon as I click onto "Player"?

Jun 26, 2018

Hi all, 

My title says it all. Since this morning, my SL 360 version crashes every time I try to open the "Player". No matter which of my projects I try, as soon as I click "Player" SL first seems to move, but the player wouldn't start. SL remains totally unguidable and I have to kill the process in Windows Task mgr to at least close it. 

Any hints what the reason could be? I have actualized the latest updates before writing to you. Yet, that didn't help. 

Thx in advance and best regards
Roland

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the video, and I'm really sorry you've run into this behavior. It sounds like you were seeing this prior to the most recent update? If so, do you remember when it started happening? Does it happen with each and every project you're using?

You mentioned confirming you have the latest updates available and Storyline 360 had an update released Friday late afternoon - so my next suggestion is to run through the repair. 

If you're still running into the issue after that, I'll want to have our Support team work one on one with you to dig a bit deeper. Let me know if you reach out to them and I'll follow along.

Roland Straub

Hi Ashley

I've been working troublefree with Rise and SL the last days. It was as of this morning, that suddenly SL froze after clicking onto the player. And yes, it freezes with all projects.

Next thing I would have tried is, as you advise yourself, to have my IT dep. un- and reinstall the SW and then I'll let you know if this does the trick.

Best regards Roland

Roland Straub

Hi all,

I'm all set and SL as well as the player work perfectly. Didn't even need to un- and re-install the SW but it would be just too embarrasing for me to go into details. To give you an idea, it was one of these "did you insert the plug?" problems.

Thx for your understanding and patience and best regards ;-)
Roland

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

🙃  Roland, we've all been there.

Glad you got it figured out - and we're always here to help, even for reminders about "plugging it in"! 

Will, how long is "a while"? One of our recommendations is to shut Storyline down each night, and that way it'll get a reset and rest overnight - just like we all need! If you're seeing this say within a few hours of working in Storyline, that definitely sounds way to often. Can you connect with our Support Engineers and they'll help you pull some additional diagnostic type of info?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.